Violent Anger!

Well, let me share some of my childhood experiences with you guys. This particular incident happened when i was in my third standard. We had just moved into our current new house at that time. I was back home from school that evening. I was grim and dull as I had a very heavy cold and I scored very less in some unit test, if i remember well. So then, I came home and my mom gave me this cough syrup. That particular cough syrup was one of my favorites. It used to taste sweet and a little bit like a bubble gum. ;) I insisted my mom that she should give me and extra spoon since the cold was getting worse. She was reluctant but then she got irritated with my constant pestering and finally gave me my extra spoon. After that, I busied myself watching Swat Kats. In the meanwhile mom opened my bag and saw the unit test book and the miserable marks that I scored. So, like every parent she got furious and asked me to switch off the TV right when it was getting interesting. She started to scold me by explaining how I wasted time playing cricket and watching cartoons. I was kinda expecting this at school itself so, I put on the most convincing good boy expression and I kept listening to what she was saying.. Meanwhile, the aunt who stayed in the house beside mine came by. My mother didn't stop and was going on. This part, I didn't like. I got pissed and went into my room. I locked it and I locked all the windows. I started crying due to shame and embarrassment. I got angry and started throwing things in random directions. Clothes, chairs whatever I saw. It was then that my head started feeling heavy and I felt sleepy. I cuddled on the bed and slept off on a beautiful nap, which was made longer due to the cough syrup I took. It was some hours later that I sensed something poking me in the back of the head. I woke up startled. I saw that it was a small stick tied to another stick that was poking me. It came through the ceiling. I realized that my dozing off in a locked room caused a lot of panic. As I opened the door I saw no less that ten people form the neighborhood that gathered in the house. Everyone looked anxious and angry. I was told later that one the sounds caused panic and people started wondering if anything happened to me. As I came of the room after a royal nap, I was being cajoled and was being taken care of by my mom who was shouting at me a while ago. So much for my miserable marks. No one bothered about them anymore. ;)

Comments

Madhuri said…
I was there harsha! when it happened....
Sri Harsha said…
Really pinni? I forgot :O
Unknown said…
OMG. I REMEMBER THIS!!
Unknown said…
OMG. I REMEMBER THIS!!