Trying to remember... Unable to decipher!

They say romantic feelings create poems. They say break up’s cause poems. They say nature makes you create great poems. But sometimes great irritation makes you write poems. Here is one . . .

I wake up this morning; my head is in a misty haze. . .
I try to clear the haze, looking into the mirror at my own face. . .

My eyes are red; my face looks stressed. . .
Oh yeah, I do look depressed. . .
And yes, I’m just out of bed. . .

What is with today?
It doesn’t seem to be my usual day. . .
What is wrong with today?

I take the bus, Reach College in a rush. .
I take a quick brush though my books still in a rush. . .
Alas, I’ll still have to face anguish. . .

At the paper I stare, my thoughts focused elsewhere. . .
I look at a dewy flower. . .
Admire how it blossoms in the chilly November. . .

Of course, then I falter with an answer. . .
Unable to decipher. . .
Forgetful to remember. . .
That what I read last night, right before dinner. . .

I write the paper at my own will. . .
Pushing the subject down the hill. . .

I try to get though the post exam banter. . .
As the bright kids chatter. . .
Reminding me where I always falter. . .

I don’t care as ever. . .
As I only think “Whatever. . . “

Grades are like a splattering rain in summer. . .
They may make you feel better. . .
They may also make you feel bitter. . .
But, they don’t last forever. . .

Comments